How do I add students accounts to my class?
NOTE: Students will need email addresses to be able to have their own Bloomz accounts.
Table of Contents
Step 1: Add Students to Roster
- It is recommended that teachers first make sure to add their students to the class roster before sharing access codes with students IF they are using the student specific access codes.
- Click here to learn how to add students to the class roster.
- You can now choose to add students using Student Specific Access Codes or a Class Common Access Code. See below to learn more about these options.
[Option] Student Specific Access Codes
- With this method, students will be given unique access codes, and with using these, the student will already be associated with his or her parents.
- Make sure you have added students to the roster first.
INSTRUCTOR TIP: It is recommended that the student roster is added by the teacher or through bulk import or Clever integration [for School Premium subscribers] before parents are invited to the course. This will ensure that the parent is associated with the student in the class. If there is no student roster added, the parent will be asked to input the student's name when registering for Bloomz, which will create duplicate accounts. See article below.
- Follow these instructions for Generating Student Specific Access Codes - Middle/ High School Classes
- Powerpoint to use with students getting started using Student Specific Access Codes
[Option] Common Access Code
- With this method, students will be adding themselves to the student roster and class using a common access code. This method must be chosen if students are wanting the option to register with a phone number.
- Your class setting will need to be in Middle/High School Mode and have the Portfolios enabled.
- Follow these instructions for Generating Common Student Class Codes - Middle/ High School Class
- Powerpoint to use with students getting starting using the Common Access Code
NOTE: With a class common access code, the teacher might need to associate the student with his or her parents/guardians. How to Associate Students and Parents?