Bloomz now enables the Assignments and Activities feature! Right in time for the remote school learning!
Creating activities will be the first step towards assigning academic content to students of all classes. With a wide range of activities listed, Bloomz can aid with not only assigning work but also categorizing it into subdivisions for better organization and most importantly the understanding of the students.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Phase 1: Activities are now LIVE! Organize your learning activities now.
- Phase 2: Assignments coming soon...
Phase 1: Activities are now LIVE! Organize your learning activities now.
Please walk through the steps below!
Browsing Community Library:
- Navigate to your class
- Click the Library tab at the top
- Click +Activities on the top right of the page.
- In the Create Activity page, enter the details such as Name, Grade, Subject.
- By default, the Share with Bloomz Community toggle button is turned on.
- Also, the Camera option is enabled to post the assignment images.
- The recording option is used to speak about any important message regarding the assignment.
- The language option is used for translation of the content.
- Under Students Instructions text box, enter the information regarding the assignment to the students.
- Click the Add Template for Student Responses button allows the students to respond to the homework, notes, etc.
- The button navigates to a tool that enhances to add image, enter text, etc.
- To add text, click on the T symbol to the right side of the page.
- To record, click the microphone symbol
- To add image, click the camera symbol.
- After adding the image, click the overflow menu which includes options such as :
- Order - Provides the increased or decreased order
- Link - Provides URL to the image
- Lock - doesn't allow to move the image
- Duplicate - creates another same image on it
- Delete - removes the image from the tool
- Below the camera symbol, there is a hamburger symbol which provides options such as
- At the bottom middle of the page, there are various brushes used for painting, highlighting the text, etc.
- Click Save at the top right corner.
- Click the More Options chevron, which includes:
- Teacher instructions - used to communicate with another teacher where the content is not visible to the students.
- Parent instructions - used for communicating about the assignment with parents.
- Click Create at the top right corner of the page.
Adding to My Library:
Organizing My Library
After creating a new collection, the activity created will be stored in the collection. All the activities created will be stored like a folder structure.
- By clicking on the collection, the folder is opened with the activities in it.
- Click the Options button, choose either:
- Edit Collection - Allows modifying name and color
- Delete Collection - If there aren't any activities, then delete the collection
Sharing with Community
Now that you know about setting up activities, you can now share it with other staff of your community and organizing them into collections, it is time for students to be able to access these activity listings on their end. For students to access the activities:
- Navigate through your class
- Click the Library tab on the top
- Click Assignments tab
- Tap Click Here hyperlink for navigating to activity library
- By default, the Community tab activities are displayed
- Select All Grades dropdown such as Pre KG;1st-Grade etc, next to it All Subjects such as Math, Science, etc
- In the end, there is a Search button where valid keyword given to search displays the results
Note: Any activity shared with the Community will go through Bloomz admin approval. Once approved, it will be listed in the community.
Since there is no activity approved by admin, it did not get displayed on the list.
By clicking on the School & district hyperlink and searching by giving the grade and subjects, the activity is displayed: