As a teacher using behavior management with his or her students, a teacher can use flags to add an extra layer of tracking to monitor student conduct.
The flags do not add or remove any points from a student, but allow for specific trends to be monitored based on a student's actions. Keep in mind that if your school is using Bloomz Premium for Schools, flags may be standardized across the school and managed at a school level, rather than a classroom level.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Manage Flags in a Classroom
- Editing or Customizing an Existing Flag
- Deleting a Flag
- Creating a New Flag
- Additional Resources:
Manage Flags in a Classroom
- Click on your class in the left navigation menu. Click Behavior tab in Updates.
- Click Settings in the top right-hand corner.
- Click Edit Award Types under the Points header.
- Click the Flags tab.
Editing or Customizing an Existing Flag
- Click on the flag you wish to edit.
- Bloomz gives you the option to edit:
- Name of flag
- Color of flag
- Whether the flag will be triggered automatically (by a certain point threshold) or manually (when a teacher manually adds it to a student)
- Points to reach a flag (if the flag will be triggered automatically)
- Reset settings (when the flags will be reset on the student accounts).
- Click Save.
Deleting a Flag
- Click the flag you wish to delete.
- Click Delete at the bottom of the screen.
- Confirm this action by clicking Delete.
Creating a New Flag
- Click + Create New.
- Input information for new flag. Click Save.
TIP: If you get a message about not having permission to edit or delete a flag, this is likely because your school administrator has set up the school-wide settings this way. If you are a school administrator, see here for more information: School-wide Behavior Controls- Admins