Bloomz can add members to a class, which allows you to have faster communication with parents on the latest announcements, updates, and other important information.
There are three ways to invite parents to the class:
- Option A: Choose Add Members
- Option B: Through the Settings wheel to the top right
- Option C: Through the Manage tab to the bottom right
Option A: Choose Add Members
- Select the class name from the Left navigation tray
- Select Add Members from the Left navigation tray at the bottom left corner
- Choose the class name or Add to another class/group
- Choose Parent from the screen which says "For Which Role"
- Choose any one of the three options below to invite parents:
Option B: Through the Settings wheel to the top right
- Click the Settings wheel on the Home Feed screen
- Select Manage Members from the Class Options screen
- Click Invite to the bottom of the screen
- Choose Parents from For Which Role? screen
- Choose any one of the three options below to invite parent:
Option C: Through the Manage tab to the bottom right
Now we will see what action is performed by selecting the options to invite the parent:
Option 1: Type emails or phone numbers manually
Note: If you have the emails of parents, this option is highly recommended. Once you invite all the parent emails to your class. Bloomz treats this as a Class distribution list and any communication posted on Bloomz will go as emails to all the parents even if they have not yet registered on the app.
Note: An Email notification is sent to all the email addresses mentioned to join the Bloomz app.
Option 2: Use your phone's email app or Gmail
If you have your class parent emails grouped in your Gmail or default native email - outlook or 365. You can invite all of them at once to your class.
Note: Once the email is sent, the parents will receive another email from Bloomz with the invitation code to join your class. Parents can use the invitation code to join your class on Bloomz.
You can generate a Class Access Code which is common for all the parents. They can use the code to join the class. This is an option only when you do not have the email addresses of the class parents.
The parent will receive a text to his phone saying that you added him/her to the class. They will also receive a link to the site and the temporary password using which they can Sign in. They will continue to receive the updates you make to your class as texts even if they did not Sign in. They can choose to Sign in on the web or by downloading the app.
Once they sign in with the phone number and the temporary password sent to the text, they will have access to the class and they can respond to the updates, messages and communicate with the teacher/admins on the app.
The parent will receive an email with the invite code to his email saying that you invited him/her to the class. They can create an account with the invite code that is sent to them by clicking on the red button in the email or manually navigating to the app and typing in the invite code in Create Account screen. They will continue to receive the updates made to your class as emails even if they did not create an account.
The parent will receive an email that you invited him/her to the class. They will see the invite in the MY CONTACTS tab of the app. When they click Accept in the invite they will start seeing the class in their app.