You can now create subgroups in your class and add parents from your class to the subgroups within the class. Just follow the steps below!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- To create the subgroup in your class (In IOS/Android):
- To create the subgroup in your class (In Web):
- To add parents from your class to the subgroup of the class (Web/IOS/Android)
To create the subgroup in your class (In IOS/Android):
- Click the left navigation tray on the mobile
- Click +Class/Group to the bottom of the screen
- Choose the Create new class/group in Add Class/Group Screen
- Select Subgroup from the Group Type Screen
- In Create Group Screen, Choose the school name and Enter the Group Name
- Click Save
Note: A new group is created under Filter By Groups in the left navigation tray.
PS: Click Add Another Group in the Create Sub Group screen, multiple times to be able to add multiple Groups at once.
To create the subgroup in your class (In Web):
- Click the class to the left nav on the page
- Click +Create
- Select Invite/ Subgroup
- Choose Create Sub-Group
- Enter the Group Name in the Create Subgroup page.
- Click Save
To add parents from your class to the subgroup of the class (Web/IOS/Android)
- Select your class from the left nav
- Click Manage icon on the top of the page for Web but for IOS/Android: Click on the bottom right of the screen
- Click Parents
- Click on the circle to the left of a parent
- Click Add to Class/ group
- Choose the SubGroup from Which class/group page?
- Select Member
- Click Update
Note: The parents will be added to the subgroup and an invite will be sent to the bell icon of their app and accepting the invite will make them part of the subgroup. Even if they do not accept, everything that is posted to the subgroup will be sent to them as notifications.